The 4 star freediver course is the most complex and intense of the recreational level AIDA courses and is the beginning of the mind-game in freediving. By taking this course you would have accepted the challenge to ‘dive into yourself’.
If you want to take a step still further and your interest is in competition or in safety then you can combine the AIDA 4 star course with the Competition Freediver course, or the Competition Safety Freediver course.
The AIDA 4 star freediver course consists of:
- 3 theory sessions, 2 pool sessions and 4 open water dives.
- Understanding focus with relaxation.
- Using the ‘glide’ as the easy phase.
- Learning the ‘mouthfill’ advanced equalization technique for extended range freediving.
- The planning and execution of deep dives and safety with your buddy.
- Training sessions for each student according to their needs and potential.
To successfully complete the AIDA 4 star freediver course you will have demonstrated a 3:30 static breath-hold, a dynamic underwater swim with fins to 70m and will be able to complete comfortable dives to 32m in an open water environment.
You must already be certified as an AIDA *** freediver or equivalent and must be able to demonstrate regular comfortable descents to 24m with good equalizing skills. You must also hold a valid CPR license and current dive insurance.
Course duration: 5 days
Individual course price: $980usd
2 – 4 students: $750usd per person.
AIDA 4 Certification: $30usd – optional
Boat fees not included.